Saturday, January 12, 2013

My teaching philosophy

Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.                                    ---- William Butler Yeats



       Even though it has eightheen years gone, I still could  remember the scene of my fisrt learning in English. My heart is full of joy and excitement just becasue I found I could communciate with others in other language, even thought they were just some single words.
     



      I love English and I love LEARNING English.   It's quite an enjoyment for me to explore diversified specific domains in English. I deeply believe learning benefits not only my soul but my real-wirld life. The motivation is intrinsic but also extrinsic.

     Now, fortunately, I am an English teacher. I want to pass down the belief to my students. I constantly remind myself I should light  the fire in children's heart and enlighten their way to lifetime learning. Instead of simply filling the pail in their brain, I would light the fire in their heart to learn, cultivate, to love learning English with both intrinsic and extrinsic motivation.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment