Friday, January 18, 2013

Reflections on my learning in TESOL class

       

Since I become an English teacher, it's been more than two years I haven't studied any ELT teaching methodology and teaching theories. Thanks to the class, my memory about ELT methodology could be aroused. I much appreciate the teacher in the class triggered us come up with lots of ideas about practical teaching methods and create some ideal teaching plans. From the class, I also got lots of opportunities to analyze the strengths and weakness of each teaching design and journal studies based on the authoritative theoretical framework.  
    Besides, I much enjoyed the reciprocal group time in which I could have a brainstorming with my group members. During the discussion, I could always   gain lots of creative and new ideas which I haven't thought of.  The reciprocal learning changed my opinion on working in a group. I realize that "two heads are better than one". I contributed myself more but I gained much more.
       In the end, I have to admit I sometimes kept silent in the class since I lacked of some more points of view. However, I always tried my best to make our groups reach the communicative goal and discussion outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment