Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Online activity 4 (TESOL conference)

Lilian Hung 
A reflection about ETA long ago! 


1. This year, I am very glad I finally have a chance to attend the International Symposium and Book Fair on English Teaching. There, many authors or professional scholars who are in different professional domain gather together to share their perspectives or new findings. It’s really exciting for me. The first, I got some practical tasks which I could use to incorporate learners’ popular culture into their English learning. There, I also got some useful websites we could in teaching situations: Glogster, ZooBurst, Tanndoo, and Bleach. Second, I also got a chance to get some deeper understanding about how to improve learners’ writing skills and motivation by novels reading from an in-service teacher. The teacher also reveals his successful experiences and drawbacks from the tasks. Some pedagogical strategies about learning autonomy were also gotten from ETA. However, I have to admit I am still a little confused about the domain. In fact, it’s also a part I need to promote myself. 

2. From the conference, professional scholars, in-service teachers, or even graduate students could refine their teaching skills, exchange related knowledge, or get some practical solutions or suggestions for teaching obstacles. For me, I could also get some chances to explore how to apply theories to practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment